#Azure Action – Weekly Newsletter – 4th March 2011
Pledge your support on the Christchurch earthquake site
“removing infrastructure o/heads means focus on what's important - app quality and user experience”
- Richard Smith recommended reading the US Federal Government Cloud Computing Strategy document
(interested related read: Why Government Should Consider Windows Azure as Part of its “Cloud-First” Strategy)
Readiness & Resources:
- Windows Azure
Building FTP Server on Windows Azure – but WHY?
- SQL Azure
- Cloud Cover Episode 38 - VM Role with Corey and Cory
- Predicting the Future: The Next Step in BI
- Predixion talk about their use of medical data to find the top 10 medications and use predictive analytics to suggest possible related conditions.
- Windows Forms applications to ASP.NET web application tool. Now supports Windows Azure transformation
- Windows Azure Storage Client Library Reference Documentation Updated with New Sample Code and Remarks
- How to Fail in Cloud Computing Deployment
- Capacity aggregation: Cloud's great experiment
- Intel Courts the Cloud Builders with reference architecture
- Galileo Processing Unveils Cloud Computing for Payment Processing - private cloud?
- Ebay to make its own private cloud
"The private cloud will have the ability to run in its own data center or with a third-party data center
- Windows Azure Platform Training Kit - February Update (in March)
- CTP of the Windows Azure Starter Kit for #Java
- Improving experience for Java developers with Windows Azure
IDC Cloud for Business Conference on the 3rd of March where Microsoft will be a Platinum Sponsor. Venue: Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
Cloud Computing Forum – Run by Orion VM (Sheng Yeo) First Friday in March (see website)
Azure ISV Acceleration Labs pencilled in for 28th-30th March – more details to follow
Readify DevDays - 17th Build a Web Application
Cloud Summit - Adelaide March 22nd and Perth March 24th
- Free Webinar Tuesday, March 8 8am PT : "Moving Client/Server and Windows Forms Applications to Windows Azure with Visual WebGui Instant Cloud Move"
Want answers? See the forums
Add yourself to my Azure Australia Twitter list
Cloud Podcast Audio Panel show – Cloud Cast (episode 1 now published – Whose Cloud is it anyway?)
Coming soon….Azure Meetups!
Where do I find out more information about Azure diagnostics? Here a few starter links….