#Azure Action - Weekly Newsletter - 5th November 2010
- The Australian – Curtin Call – A case study of Australian university Curtin University’s use of the Azure platform in their iPortfolio service, delivered on the Azure platform. Curtin talks about the benefits of delivering this service via the Azure platform.
- Computerworld - Computershare plunges into Azure deeps – Another customer case study that clearly tells the benefits of the Azure platform. Computershare talks about what the Azure platform allowed them to do for their business, allowing their developers to work on Azure immediately with no additional training and how Azure provides the scalability required for periods of high traffic.
- CRN - Microsoft plunges headfirst into the cloud – This Cloud article displays Microsoft’s key cloud messages clearly and includes quotes from both Microsoft and a third party (Azure partner HubOne).
On demand intros
o Oct 19: Introduction to Windows Azure Platform
o Nov 10: Introduction to SQL Azure
If you like these videos you may want to look at the PDC Downloader
I've been working a fair bit with storage, this post details your options and choices:
I spent a fair amount of clarifying that Azure is a PaaS, so its interesting to read Meaningful cloud categories get past the hype
- Why Steve Jobs’ Pixar Uses Microsoft Windows Azure
- The Future of the Windows Azure Platform as a Service
- NASA Wants to Run Space Missions, Not Data Centers
I was reading about an old friend (#PaulCross) and work colleagues start-up firm using Azure Storage as a low cost durable option for the photo sharing service.
For the Enterprise
CLOUD Summit and CXO Breakfast
Sydney - 30 November
Melbourne - 2 December
Brisbane - 8 December
Like Azure – become a fan:
Security Development Lifecycle best practices as described in “Security Best Practices For Developing Windows Azure Applications” whitepaper
What's this Windows Azure DataMarket all about?
·The Windows Azure DataMarket has been released with new user experience and expanded datasets from leading content providers
· DataMarket is launching with 35+ content partners with content ranging from; demographic, geospatial, financial, retail, sports, weather, environmental and health care
Explore available datasets on DataMarket here.