pDC UPDate – Windows Azure for PHP, MySQL and a host of other popular open-source tools
Thanks to much tweeting I am beginning to be jealous of Greg Willis, Catherine Eibner, Richard Banks and others overseas at #PDC09. Particularly given the sheer amount of content and good news for Cloud Computing via Windows Azure.
I'm not sure if you would want wan on these Azure Containers in your back yard, but I guess the point of it all is – why run your own electricity.
Lots of press and tweets. I like this good summary from Forbes.
The big news here was support for more tools," says PC Magazine's Michael Miller. He notes that Azure will not just support .NET programming language, but also
PHP, MySQL and a host of other popular open-source tools
So what is Azure about? "At its core, Azure is Windows--Windows Server,"
Here’s an index of useful websites for your reference:
· Engineering Website for the Azure platform
· Customer Website for the Windows Azure platform
· MSDN Windows Azure Developer Center
and social media:
· On Facebook become a fan of Microsoft PDC
· See the Virtual PressRoom
· Follow the PDC09 ‘Behind the Scenes’ Blog