Documenting your Task Sequences Automagically (Update - v2)
A big thank you to those of you that tested the original XSL for the TaskSequence documentor and provided feedback.
This is v2 and includes some bug fixes:
- Formats orphan steps with no Group
- Added recursive template for Nested conditions for both groups and steps (tested to 3 levels)
- Properly convert Not to Nor for conditions
For those of you that haven't used it - here is a re-post of the instructions:
1. Copy the attached file at the bottom of the post to the same folder as your task sequence.
2. Open your task sequence in your favourite text editor.
3. After the first line which should look something like this:
<?xml version="1.0"?> or <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
enter the following as the second line:
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="tsDocumentorv2.xsl" mce_href="tsDocumentorv2.xsl"?>
4. Save your task sequence file and open it in Internet Explorer. Presto! The XSL takes care of formatting, indents and sizing.
This post was contributed by Aly Shivji a consultant with Microsoft Services - U.S. East Region.