Outlook Issue: Task 'firstname.lastname@example.org' reported error (0x80190193) : 'The operation failed.'
One of my customer reported a Outlook UI related issue (not Dev issue), as it bugs them having this error every time they hit the send/receive button. If they try to use Outlook 2010 Beta or Outlook 2007 SP2 generates the error below when doing a full send/receive and their client is connected to Exchange 2007 SP2.
Error: Task <'email@example.com'> reported error (0x80190193) : 'The operation failed.'
When we just looked into this, we found its taking us close to OAB synchronization and it fails - which points to, HTTP Error 403. This problem occurred as they enabled the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) in the OAB directory in Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
Customer tried the following steps, which resolved the issue.
- On the server that is running Exchange 2007 Client Access Server (CAS) and that hosts the OAB Web-based distribution point, click Start, click Run, and then type inetmgr.
- Expand Web Site, and then expand Default Web Site.
- Right-click the OAB virtual directory, and then select Properties.
- On the Directory Security tab, under the Secure Communications field, click Edit.
- Click to clear the Require secure channel (SSL) check box, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type iisreset.
FYI: SSL is not required on the OAB virtual directory for domain-connected clients. This is because SSL is not required to download files only. This is the opposite of the default setting for the other Exchange services virtual directories.