JSON Support is available in Azure SQL Database (preview)
JSON functionalities are available in Azure SQL Database (preview). You can use new JSON functionalities to integrate Azure SQL Database with other services that exchange data in the JSON format. For more info, you can refer the related documentation.
With the new JSON functionalities, you can do the following:
- Read data from JSON text by using JSON_VALUE/JSON_QUERY functions.
- Modify JSON text by using the JSON_MODIFY function.
- Transform JSON text into a relational format by using the OPENJSON function.
- Easily query or import JSON data into tables.
- Query relational and JSON data stored in any relational table.
To do this, you don’t need any special setup to start using JSON. If you have apps that are sending JSON text to SQL Server or if you use JSON text that is already stored in your tables, simply write a query that gets the values from your JSON documents.
Hope this helps.