Windows 7 Software Logo Toolkit Now Publically Available
Microsoft is pleased to announce the public availability of the Beta release for the Windows 7 Software Logo Toolkit. The toolkit allows ISVs to submit and receive the "Compatible with Windows 7" logo for their products.
Improvements, including self-test for applications, instant approval of passing applications, and a streamlined waiver process dramatically speed up the logo testing and the submission process. Fees for logo submissions have also been eliminated.
As a valued logo partner, the "Compatible with Windows 7" program also offers a variety of benefits including co-branding, MS partner points, and premier placement on a variety of online consumer facing sites.
Here are a few simple steps towards getting started:
1. Download the Beta logo toolkit here: https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=831&DownloadID=19072
NOTE: this link also includes the logo requirements document, toolkit release notes, a toolkit user's guide, and an overview of the submission process.
2. Submit the test report from the toolkit via: https://winqual.microsoft.com.
3. If a waiver is needed for a failing test case from the toolkit report, the streamlined waiver process can be initiated by completing the online form at the following link:
Some additional information you may find helpful:
· Logo artwork and marketing guides can be downloaded from http://winqual.microsoft.com immediately once the following has been completed:
o The passing logo report is submitted and the logo policies are accepted
o The Software Logo License Agreement is signed online
· Instructions on how to perform the two manual tests can be found in the release notes.
· Windows 7 Logo Waiver/Exception Request: https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/CreateFeedbackForm.aspx?FeedbackFormConfigurationID=3419&FeedbackType=3&SiteID=831
· Only test results generated by the Beta release of the toolkit can be used to submit for the logo
· Additional frequently asked questions (FAQ) and the corresponding answers are maintained at the following location:
Please note, now that we are now accepting officially logo submissions we are no longer accepting logo prequalifications.
We look forward to your participation in the Windows 7 Software Logo program.
We welcome any feedback you may have on the Windows 7 Software Logo program. Please use the following links to communicate with us: