Updates for Dynamics GP Currency Translation
Management Reporter CU11 contains updates for GP Currency Translation. Changes to how currency translation works for GP are:
- The account category is no longer required for Retained Earnings. The translation now uses the original document information to properly calculate the translated values.
- Posting to Retained Earnings is also now supported. The ability to isolate posting to Retained Earnings using the originating document information allows the balances to now properly translate.
- Expiration dates for all methods are now honored.
- The Average method, or Rate Average in Dynamics GP, will now use a rate defined in a prior period, as long as the rate is not expired.
- The quality issue surrounding using one rate for Retained Earnings has been addressed.
We thank all the customers who provided feedback on these changes for Dynamics GP.