Connector for Microsoft Dynamics V3 CU 3 released
Better support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 SP 1 (6.1) and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 multi-tenant deployments are the primary new features in Connector for Microsoft Dynamics V3 CU3 (3.3.514.1) which was posted today, June 18th 2014.
Additional new features with this release include:
- Support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 SP 1, which requires the updated Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions included in this release (1.0.1603.4)
- The workaround listed in this post is not required if using this release of Connector for Microsoft Dynamics to integrate to a new Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 SP 1 organization
- Ability to add addresses to accounts and contacts in CRM that previously did have addresses associated to them
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV companies that have special characters in their names are better supported
- The required .NET framework versions (3.5 and 4.5.1) are checked for during installation
- Support for re-creating Microsoft Dynamics AX customer addresses that have been deleted in Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft Dynamics CRM previously
- Support for upgrading Connector for Microsoft Dynamics installations on case-sensitive Microsoft SQL server instances
To download this release for your Microsoft Dynamics ERP system, go to Customer Source:
- Connector for Microsoft Dynamics AX
- If you have applied Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 CU 6 or later or if you are targeting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3, an XPO is no longer needed. You can run the ConnectorHelper class that is included in CU 6 to accomplish the required setup tasks in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
- Any release after Connector V3 CU2 (3.2.606.2) will support Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3
- Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- All previously supported versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 and GP 2013 are supported as either new or existing integrations
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2 is fully supported as well
- Connector for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 is supported with this release, however this release is not required for an integration to Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Any release after Connector V2 RU1 (18.104.22.168) will support Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2.
- If you are targeting a multi-tenant deployment of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 this release will make that configuration and integration process easier. The steps outlined in this post are no longer need with this release of Connector for Microsoft Dynamics.
- Connector for Microsoft Dynamics SL
Would you like to know more? Check out the User Guide for your ERP system and begin your installation preparation. I know, I know; reading documentation can be arduous. But you know what they say: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So read the provided documentation to avoid the common mistakes and save yourself the support call. The user guides for all of the ERPs have been updated for this release and all include a V3 upgrade sections that you should be familiar with before upgrading your existing integrations. All of the known issues documents have been updated as well so please have a look at those too, they can all be found on the Connector for Microsoft Dynamics download pages. The user guides that are available at the following location will be updated to their latest versions by Monday, June 23rd 2014.