How To Download BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Beta 2
BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Beta 2 is now available from the Microsoft Connect Site.
If you are not a member of the BizTalk Server 2006 R2 connect community, you can still get a copy of the beta through the Microsoft Connect Site, but it takes some persistence.
1. Navigate to the Microsoft Connect Site, https://connect.microsoft.com/.
2. Sign in using your Passport credentials.
3. On the right side of the Connect home screen, click My Participation.
4. On the My Participation screen, click available connections.
5. On the Available Connections screen, scroll down to the nomination section, find the BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Beta row, and then click Apply.
7. Enter your registration information then click Register.
8. Once you pass the registration gauntlet, you will land on the BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Beta release website. Click the Downloads link located in the left-hand gutter of the page.
9. Breathe deeply, you are almost there.
10. On the BizTalk Server R2 Downloads page, click BizTalk Server R2 – Beta 2 Release.
(Bonus: If you want to take a look at the NET LOB Adapter Pack and WCF LOB Adapter SDK, it is available as well.)
11. On the BizTalk Server R2 Download Details page, choose a distribution source and then click Download.
12. D’oh! You will need to install “Microsoft File Transfer Manager 5.0 (Build 0027)” if you have not already installed it. Allow the control to install.
13. In the Transfer Manager, confirm the download location.
14. While it is downloading, go grab the installation or upgrade documentation here.
<Insert flames about the number of steps required to get the bits here.>