EARN while you LEARN with Microsoft " Develop Everywhere " competition !!!
Develop Everywhere Competition
Whether you are a new developer or a professional developer, you still can learn, increase your knowledge, develop your technical skills and be Microsoft developer star of the month with Microsoft “Develop Everywhere” competition.
“Develop Everywhere” is your way to learn how to build and develop your own apps and publish them online.
Develop Everywhere competition offers you online training delivered by Microsoft experts, offline Hackathons by Microsoft professionals and it also offers you the chance to be “Developer star of the month”!
Not only do we want to help you learn and grow your technical skills and give you the chance for better job opportunities, but we will also reward one of our loyal fans and make him/her “Microsoft Developer star of the month”!!!
The Competition is open to developers resident in Egypt and registered as publishing Windows 8 and Windows Phone apps from Egypt on the Windows 8 and Windows Phone Store.
How to participate:
In order to be Developer star of the month, you need to
- Attend one of Develop Everywhere online webinar ( 16th of October ) or offline Hackathon (18th of October)
- Take one of the MVA courses from 14th of October till 9th of November to learn more & develop your technical skills & send a screen shot of the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop your unique Windows 8.1 / Windows Phone application that serves local community, upload it to the store and send the link to email@example.com along with the MVA certificate
Build your unique Windows 8.1/ Windows phone app and get the chance to WIN and be “Developer Star of the Month”
TERMS & CONDITIONS
In these rules “Microsoft”, “we”, “our”, and “us” refer to Microsoft Egypt a Limited Liability Company, the Sponsor of the Competition. “You”, “yourself” refers to an eligible Competition entrant.
In order to enter the Competition, you must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree.
Entry in the Competition constitutes your acceptance of these official rules.
To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must be: above the age of 18 (Eighteen) in Egypt at the time of entry.
Competition is void in all countries except Egypt. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Microsoft and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, agents, and Judges are ineligible to participate in this Competition. Microsoft reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
If you are entering as part of a company or on behalf of your employer, these rules are binding on you, individually, and/or your employer. If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a prize. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employers or company’s policies and procedures.
Participants will be disqualified immediately if:
- Duplicate application of other participants
- Use of any offensive, rude and impolite words in their apps
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
All eligible entry will be judged by Microsoft technical Team (“Judges”) whose decision is final and one winner will be
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS:
By submitting an App in this Competition, the entrant warrants and represents that (s)he owns all of the intellectual and industrial property rights in and to the App. Further, the entrant agrees that if any portion of the App should be deemed to be owned by the entrant that (s)he will, as a condition of entry, abide by the terms and conditions of the store in which the App will be published Entrant specifically agrees that Microsoft shall have the right to use, reproduce, publicly perform, and publicly display the App in connection with the advertising and promotion of the Competition and the App, via communication to the public or other groups, including, but not limited to the right to make screenshots, animations and video clips available for promotional purposes.
The winner grants to Microsoft a worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up right and license to the winning Application. The license grant allows Microsoft to distribute, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, store, maintain and import the winning Application for the Microsoft Store and any successors or derivatives thereof.
By accepting a prize, Entrant agrees and consents to Microsoft and their agencies use of entrant’s place of residence, name, and/or likeness to name the entrant for a reasonable time after completion of the Competition in promotional and advertising material of Microsoft (or its agents) as a winner of the Competition without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
By accepting a prize, entrant agrees to Microsoft and its agencies use of his or her name and/or likeness and App for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY:
Entrants warrant that their Apps are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted App and that they have the right to submit the App in the Competition and grant all required licenses. Each entrant agrees not to submit any App that (1) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (2) otherwise violates the applicable state, federal, local or provincial law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Competition Entities at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Competition Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or accruing from (a) any App or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by the entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made by the entrant in connection with the Competition; (c) any non-compliance by the entrant with these Rules; (d) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to the entrant’s involvement with the Competition; (e) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Competition-related activity or participation in this Competition; (f) any malfunction or other problem with the Competition Site; (g) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or (h) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners.
The Competition is governed by the laws of Egypt and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Cairo courts for any disputes arising out of this Competition.
Any false information provided within the context of the Competition by any entrant concerning identity, address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Competition.
RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY:
If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Competition, Microsoft reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Competition. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Microsoft reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT:
Under no circumstances shall the submission of an App into the Competition, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with Microsoft. You acknowledge that you
have submitted your App voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and Microsoft and that no such
relationship is established by your submission of an App under these Rules.
- COMPETITION PERIOD: The Competition begins on October 14th, 2014 and ends on November 9th, 2014 (“Competition Period”). Entries must be received within the Competition Period to be eligible.
Each entrant has the responsibility to review and understand its policies regarding its eligibility to participate in this contest. If an individual is participating in violation of Entrant's policies or any applicable law or regulation, that Entrant may be disqualified from this Contest at the Organizer’s sole discretion.
- Meet up with Microsoft Egypt General Manager Mr. Khaled Abdel Kader
- Package includes some prizes (T-shirt, portable charger, laptop backpack)
- Microsoft Egypt reserves the right to substitute the Prizes for other prizes of equal or greater value.
- All winners will be immediately communicated via email/phone.
- Prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any other prize
- Microsoft Egypt will not be viable for any corrupted prize once the prize has been given to the winner.
- The winner must present the National ID
- All prizes must be collected from the Microsoft office in Egypt within 2 weeks of the winner’s announcement otherwise a new winner will be selected
- Microsoft reserves the right to delay the submission of the prize in case of shipping issues.
DURATION OF COMPETITION:
The contest will be from 14th of October till 9th of November
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this Contest or these Terms and Conditions.
- In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft Egypt decision shall be final.
- Microsoft Egypt reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
- Microsoft Egypt cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
- Participants in this contest agree that Microsoft Egypt will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this contest.
- Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify any participant that does not adhere to the terms and conditions or make any change to the terms and conditions at any point of the contest.