Presents for Outlook Developers...
New Reference Documentation
The big news is an offering for COM developers: the long-awaited Outlook 2007 Messaging API went live today. This is an update to the old Messaging API last published several years ago. Outlook 2007 Messaging API (MAPI) Reference describes how to create Outlook 2007 items by using MAPI that is based on the Component Object Model (COM) rather than the Outlook object model.
And hopefully you noticed this...
Install Updates for Outlook 2007 Help
This download installs the latest assistance content for the Outlook 2007 Developer Help file and the Outlook 2007 Help file. It contains the latest revisions and additions to content in those files.
We also published the following new articles:
- Application Shutdown Changes in Outlook 2007 SP2
Learn how Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2 has changed the way that the Outlook process shuts down. Customers developing Outlook solutions that run outside of the Outlook process should understand these changes and the impact on their solutions.
- Automate the Deployment of Outlook Add-ins by Using Visual Studio Tools for Office Second Edition. Learn how to automate the deployment of Outlook add-ins to any number of client machines by using Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition.
- Developing Interfaces in Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 presents developers with an opportunity to create useful applications. Learn how Visual Studio Tools for Office 3.0 simplifies the Outlook user interface customization.
- Domain Isolation for Folder Home Page Customization in Outlook 2007 (Includes code sample)
Learn how to provide application domain isolation for managed controls hosted in folder home pages in Outlook 2007.
- A recently updated article, Isolating Microsoft Office Extensions with the COM Shim Wizard Version 2.3.1 provides an updated set of project wizards for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 that automate the generation of COM shims for managed shared add-ins.
Oh yes, and there is a new book available from Microsoft Press you may want to consider. Get the comprehensive reference for extending Outlook 2007: Programming Applications for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
In case you missed these when they were originally published, you also may want to check out:
- Developing Solutions Using the Consolidated Outlook 2007 Object Model (33 minutes)
- CD307—Outlook 2007: Developing Solutions Using the Consolidated Outlook Object Model (71 minutes)
- ClearContext IMS Pro for Outlook 2007 - Alpha Demo
And some other interesting news: For those not in love with my chatty comments, Erika should be returning to her blog next month.