Microsoft Product Support Reports
Introducing the newest member of the Microsoft Fix it family, Microsoft Product Support Reports (MPSReports) . MPSReports collects general system configuration information for IT and Support Professionals to use in troubleshooting support issues with Microsoft Windows, Exchange, and SQL Server.
How to download MPSReports
To use MPSReports, first verify your environment and determine whether you are logged on with an administrator account. Then download the correct package for your environment:
- Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2008; when used with:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - for Windows XP
- Windows Powershell 1.0 - for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008
- Windows Installer 3.1 - for Windows XP
- Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0 - for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
How to use MPSReports
After you download MPSReports, just run it and follow the steps in the wizard to collect diagnostic information.
Step 1. Select computer
Select This Computer to collect diagnostic information.
Note To download Microsoft .NET Framework or Powershell requirements to install on another computer, select Another Computer.
Step 2. Select diagnostics
Select the diagnostics that you want to run.
Wait for diagnostic data to be collected
The data collection may take some time, depending on your system configuration.
Step 3: View, save, or e-mail the results
Select what you want to do with the results.