Windows Mobile 6 SDK
With the Windows Mobile 6 announcement it is time to start talking about the new SDK we put together for this release (and I can finally tell you what I’ve been working with since I arrived here). We have been working hard on it and we all hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do :-)
What’s new for developers?
- Great application compatibility for Windows Mobile 5 applications
- .NET Compact Framework v2 SP1 in the ROM!
- SQL Server Compact Edition in the ROM!
- New APIs
- New Sound APIs
- WISP Lite (Yes, the same WISP technology from the TabletPC!)
- Several new tools:
- Cellular Emulator (kind of having your own Mobile Operator ;)
- Local Server Framework (aka FakeServer)
- Security Configuration Manager
- New emulator images
- Platform improvements
- Integrated documentation
Overall Windows Mobile 6 SDK makes it easier to develop, build, test and deploy your applications.
I’ll drill down into the SDK details on my next posts – so stay tuned!