Web setup Package: fails while executing WEBCA_EvaluateURLsNoFail custom action
MSI (c) (88:E4) [10:56:51:444]: Note: 1: 2769 2: WEBCA_EvaluateURLsNoFail 3: 1
MSI (c) (88:E4) [10:56:51:444]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038
DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action WEBCA_EvaluateURLsNoFail did not close 1 MSIHANDLEs.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2769. The arguments are: WEBCA_EvaluateURLsNoFail, 1,
Action ended 10:56:51: WEBCA_EvaluateURLsNoFail. Return value 3.
1) Install the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit
2) Run the "Metabase explorer" (after installing the above, it will be under start menu -> IIS Resources -> Metabase explorer)
3) In the metabase explorer program, browse to the following metabase path: "/LM/W3SVC/"
4)Most commonly you'll see things like "APPPOOLS", "FILTERS", "INFO", and "1" (1 is the default website)
5) If you click on any particular folder under "W3SVC", it will show a list of properties to the right - verify that each folder contains a property with an ID of "1002" and a name of "KeyType". The value of "KeyType" doesn't matter for this issue; it just matters that the property exists, and just in case, make sure it isn't blank.
6) If you find one of the folders is missing this property, you can add it by right-clicking in the properties area (on the right) while the folder is selected, and choosing "New -> String Record". Now in the window that appears, where it says "Record Name or Identifier", type or select "KeyType" (case sensitive). Click "OK" to create the property with a blank value. Now double-click on the property in the properties window, and set its value to the string "Test", so that it isn't blank.