Upcoming User Groups
Here's a list of upcoming user group meetings in Mid-Atlantic, via Community Megaphone:
- Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:00 PM: RVSPUG: June Meeting - SharePoint Integration with Project - Matthew Harrison, MBA, PMP, MCTS - is able to present for our June meeting. He will present on SharePoint integration with Microsoft Project via Project Web Access, a SharePoint-based product. This will be from a Business User perspective with a bit of Configuration. Matt works for Autodesk and also runs a consulting company called Harrison Project Services.
- Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:00 PM: Roanoke Valley SharePoint Users Group June Meeting - Matt Harrison on SharePoint integration with Microsoft Project via Project Web Access. Meeting at Hollins Branch Public Library.
- Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:00 PM: Richmond Meet and Code Dinner - Richmond Meet and Code Dinners are a place for developers to come discuss topics that are important to them. This month's topic is going to be Linq Expression trees, so feel free to come ready to discuss. We can also discuss any other topics that you are interesting in or have questions about! Food will be provided, so come hungry!
- Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:30 PM: RockNUG Monthly Meeting - n00b presentation, pizza and swag as usual. But a little something different for the mid summer meeting -- DIY User Group. Have a 5, 10 or 15 minute presentation on something .NET related -- this is the night to give it. Send email to email@example.com to get on the schedule.
- Wednesday, July 09, 2008 7:00 PM: SharePoint Special Interest Group - John Miller is leading a presentation on SharePoint Event Receivers.
- Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:00 PM: RV.NUG July Meeting - Unit Testing with Visual Studio - Join us and learn how to create Unit Tests with Visual Studio. Then - just for fun (and a goofy prize) - take our sample project and see if you can discover the defective code by writing your own unit tests. Great opportunity for learning and fun!
- Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:30 PM: Richmond .NET User Group July Meeting - Kevin Hazzard on Web Services and Silverlight. Silverlight is a client-side technology. So it’s not really a part of your SOA strategy, right? You may want to think twice about that. SOAP and WSDL support are coming to the web desktop via Silverlight. And Silverlight has good client support for REST+ JSON/POX and RSS/ATOM-based web services, too. During this discussion, we’ll dive into data serialization, security and cross-domain access policy capabilities inside Silverlight 2 Beta 2. We also talk about the nuances and pitfalls of provisioning your web services for an Internet audience. This presentation will be heavy on coding, demonstration and interactive discussion.