Windows 7 Incubation Week in Reston, VA
With several successful Microsoft BizSpark Incubation Weeks (CRM Reston, CRM Boston, Win 7 Irvine, Mobility Mountain View), we are pleased to announce Microsoft BizSpark Incubation Week for Windows 7 (Reston, VA, week of 24th Aug’09).
The current economic downturn is putting many entrepreneurs under increasing pressure, making it critical to find new resources and ways to reduce costs and inefficiencies. Microsoft BizSpark Incubation Week for Windows 7is designed to offer following assistance to entrepreneurs.
· Learning and building next generation application utilizing new and unique Windows 7 capabilities with help of on-site advisors and off-shore development team
· Getting entrepreneurs coaching from guest speakers and a panel of industry experts
· Generating marketing buzz for your brand
· Creating opportunity to be highlighted at upcoming Windows 7 launch
- Windows Touch, ink, gesture support, plus handwriting recognition enabling new input capabilities
- Rich Animation Framework
- Sensor and Location Framework (GPS, light, motion)
- New taskbar, destinations, and shell integration enhancing discoverability and usability
- New extensible Ribbon adding Office 2007-style controls, menus, and galleries to your application
The Microsoft BizSpark Incubation Week for Windows 7will be held at Microsoft Technology Center, Reston, VA from Mon 8/24/2009 to Fri 8/28/2009. This event consists of ½ day of training, 3 ½ days of active prototype/development time, and a final day for packaging/finishing and reporting out to a panel of judges for various prizes.
This event is a no-fee event (plan your own travel expenses) and each team can bring 3 participants (1 business and 1-2 technical). To nominate your team, please submit the following details to Sanjay Jain or Ashish Jaiman (preferably via your BizSaprk Sponsor). Nominations will be judged according to the strength of the founding team, originality and creativity of the idea, and ability to leverage new and unique Windows 7 features.