Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 64-bit Hyper-V Released!
Today we are releasing our first-ever 64-bit Hyper-V image for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2. This image, as we previously discussed, is actually a set of 3 images. We have discussed many aspects of this image previously in our blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/gp/ but here are a few highlights:
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 RTM VPC PartnerSource Download Page:
GP-A (2GB) – Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Active Directory Services – Need that for Dynamics GP (domain controller)
- Exchange 2010 SP1 – Mail Server
- Office 2010 x64
GP-B (4GB) – Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Remote Desktop Services
- Lync Client 2010 – Gives you presence information when demoing Dynamics GP
- SharePoint 2010 Foundation SP1
- SQL 2008 R2 SP1
- SSRS Report Builder
- Office 2010 x86 SP1
- PowerPivot 2010 – For deeper BI experience
- Visual Studio 2010 SP1 – For developer experience
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Business Analyzer
- Management Reporter
GP-C (2GB) – Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Lync Server 2010 – Personas are created and have Lync accounts
The idea is that you can start the parts that you need. In the future, we might add other images to support other functionality.
We will also be releasing along with this image a document that discusses creating a dual-boot machine (assuming Windows 7 is your primary OS) and we will also be releasing a Hyper-V image of Windows 2008 R2 Server to use as the secondary OS. This is an option if you don’t have a server to run the image on.
The image will also have many new databases:
- Databases from previous installs will be used – Fabrikam (TWO, TWO-A), CES, USD and CAD
- Industry databases to be added – FM and FF (Public Sector), PHONE, BIKES, and SUBS – These are from the Industry DVDs that were sent out in GP 9, but might add value in demo scenarios
- We will include a file that you can download separately that has many walk-through demo scripts from GP 9. While they have not been updated, and while the ones that required ISV products are there, but we have not installed the ISV product, they can be used for a good basis of a new demo script that you create.
- For all functionality, the user will need to change the system date to anything in the year 2018. If that is not done, then all reports/analysis/BI will appear as “0” information.
- Business Analyzer – Set up and working (see year change above).
- SSRS and Excel Reporting – Set up and working – Excel reports deployed.
- Workflow - Installed and activated each workflow type. User can then go in and setup a PO workflow if they want. Did not setup the actual workflow or activate it in the company.
- Web Services – Installed and functional. No setup here except for whats needed for Business Portal and Workflow.
- Payroll – Tax tables are installed.
- Management Reporter and Forecaster – Installed and functional.
- Extender / Smart List Builder – Installed and functional.
- Business Portal – All modules are installed. A basic req hierarchy is set up and assigned to the company. BP is setup for all companies.
- Users – Phyllis is setup in Dynamics GP and Business Portal. Phyllis is set up as the Accounting Specialist in Business Portal, which means she can see financials.
Enjoy this demo image set, and wishes for much business success with it!
Special thank you to: Kelly Youells, Lyle Curry, Jason Siever, Ryan Sandness, Daniel Sly, Jon Studsrud, and John Dooley for your help to make this release a success!