RapidTools – Rapid Migration and You
The Rapid Migration Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP has been a greatly under-utilized tool that can bring a lot of value to the implementation process.
The Rapid Migration Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP has been designed to quickly converts key data from three different sources to Microsoft Dynamics GP, and best of all, it has an easy-to-use interface and gives the user lots of information on potential data issues.
The three migration sources are:
- Intuit QuickBooks – We support Quickbooks (Pro (2003-2008), Premier (2003-2008), and Enterprise (3.0-8.0)) data migrations.
- Sage Peachtree – We support Peachtree (2009-2010) versions of Pro, Complete, and Premium, for data migrations.
- Microsoft Excel – We allow you to use Excel as a tool to bring data from any other application that you can then push into Excel, manipulate and massage as necessary, and then import it directly into Microsoft Dynamics GP.
The types of data migrated are:
- Master Records: Accounts (including opening balances), Customers, Vendors, Items, Employees
- Open Transactions*: Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Payables, Receivables, Inventory (including inventory levels)
- Configuration Settings: Company Address, Customer Type, Payment Terms, Shipping Methods, Sales Tax, Vendor Type, Fiscal Years
*Note: Open transactions include those transactions not yet fully paid or applied. Transactions that have been fully paid and/or applied to another document are not migrated. There is also a capability to migrate data from an Excel Template. Master records and open transactions exported from any sources system can now be populated into the provided Excel Template. Rapid Migration Tool will use this template as a data source for importing the data into a new Dynamics GP company. Before proceeding, download the Rapid Implementation Tools for Dynamics help documents available on this page for complete, detailed instructions on installing and using these tools.
Rapid Migration is a tool that can bring increased satisfaction with the implementation each and every time that you use it, increasing the value to the customer, and strengthening your relationship with them as someone that solves their issues. Some of the other features of Rapid Migration are:
- Bringing over actual data from the company that you are implementing Microsoft Dynamics GP for, saving them countless hours of record creation and reducing potential data errors that would likely occur.
- Automatic data validation helps make sure that the data brought over conforms with the setup that has already occurred in Microsoft Dynamics GP. For instance, if you have used the Rapid Configuration Tool to bring in the setup, and a shipping term doesn’t match now from the data you are migrating to what is in Microsoft Dynamics GP, it flags that for you and lets you map the difference. This allows you to redefine some of the settings “on the fly” from existing data to a new system implementation.
- Bringing over open transactions – making it as seamless as possible to implement a new ERP system. This reduces one of the greatest barriers for switching from another product to Dynamics GP and helps your sales process.
For more information about the Rapid Implementation Tools, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=4071
And there is a great video of the Rapid Implementation Tools here https://training.partner.microsoft.com/learning/app/management/LMS_ActDetails.aspx?UserMode=0&ActivityId=579540