PowerPoint Producer 2007 Beta
Today we will release the beta version of Microsoft Producer for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 via our Connect site. This version of Producer works with PowerPoint 2007, Windows Vista, and IE7, and is also compatible with Open XML. This is a long-awaited add-in for many customers, we're happy to be on the final path to getting it out the door.
In case you're not familiar with Producer, it is a free add-in which enables PowerPoint users to capture, synchronize, and publish audio, video, slides, and images to create engaging rich media presentations that can be viewed in a web browser.
We're running the beta until June 30, 2008, and then will review the feedback we received from customers. We're planning to release the final version of Producer 2007 to the Office Download Center in the Jul/Aug'08 timeframe.
Here's how you can access the Producer 2007 beta:
Click Sign In and enter your Windows Live ID.
- If you are not already registered on Connect, enter the requested details to complete your Connect site registration.
Click the Connection Directory tab, and then click Office in the Categories list in the left-hand navigation pane.
Scroll through the list of available Connections and locate the Producer for PowerPoint 2007 Beta.
- You may want to change the Sort By criteria to list by Connection Name (A-Z) .
When you have found the link for the Producer beta site, click the + Add to Your Dashboard link displayed next to it.
- The next time you return to the Connect site you can click the Your Dashboard tab instead of the Connection Directory tab to jump to the Producer beta site or any other Connection you are participating in.
Click the Producer for PowerPoint 2007 Beta linkto go to the beta site.
- Review the FAQs and Links on the site for helpful information about Producer and this beta.
- Click the Downloads link in the left-hand navigation pane to download and install Producer 2007.
- Click the Feedback link in the left-hand navigation pane to provide feedback and report any possible bugs.
If you can't find the Producer beta site in Connect, check back later today. It will be posted during the day today. You can also learn more about Producer from the PowerPoint team's blog here .