Windows Phone 7 vNext “Mango” Announcements at MIX 11
Joe Belfiore announced the Mango features including the following at MIX 11 :
- IE9 support leverages HTML5 rendering engine similar to the one on desktop. That means hardware accelerated HTML5 Audio and Video (H264) playback is supported without the need for plug-ins
- Application specific Background Agents scheduled by OS in a battery friendly manner. Applications can write their own agents which can be scheduled by OS.
- 16 additional new languages
- Multiple live tiles for each application; you will be able to take a specific aspect of the application and pin it as a tile.
- Applications can be submitted from 38 counties during Mango time frame.
- User experience enhancements through “search” enabling of installed applications. Useful when you install a lot of applications.
- Raw camera feed access to applications
- In-memory local SQL database for ease of data intensive applications.
All in all Mango is set to transform Microsoft Windows Phone 7 to be a top player in the smartphone market!