Upcoming Daylight Saving Time changes
In observance of the various Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes Microsoft has been working closely with customers, partners and others in the industry to help ensure a smooth and seamless transition. Earlier in the year, many customers across the world were able to transition smoothly by applying the right updates prior to the DST changes taking place. Microsoft has released updates for the Windows operating system and other Microsoft software affected by these changes. More details on the changes for DST start and end times around the world can be found on the Microsoft website at http://www.microsoft.com/dst2007.
Microsoft software updates are released through Microsoft’s various online channels such as Windows Update and Microsoft Update where customers can check for and install new updates for their computers. Updates are also released via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), used by information technology administrators to deploy the latest Microsoft software updates to computers running the Windows operating system.
Microsoft Windows operating systems Knowledge Base article 933360 "August 2007 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems." is now available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933360 This update has been issued as an "Update Rollup" and is now available via WSUS. Please note, this article replaces article 931836. Customers who have updated with the previous Rollup (KB931836) should carefully review 933360 in the section on “Updates from the previous cumulative Windows time zone update” and determine if this update is required for their environment. The update was released to WSUS on August 28th, 2007.
Microsoft is committed to helping customers who may be affected by the DST changes in order to make this transition as seamless as possible. Microsoft is providing the Time Zone updates at no-cost for the updates on products that are covered by Mainstream Support. Support is provided as per our standard support policies. For more information on the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy including options available for products in Mainstream, Extended Support and Custom Support please visit http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle.
DST 2007 Hotfix Summary:
· DST 2007 hotfixes for products in Mainstream Support remain available at no charge. Customers should continue to visit the web site where all public information is posted as available: http://www.microsoft.com/dst2007 .
· Customers with products in Extended Support that prefer to update their systems via the hotfixes can purchase the set of all available DST 2007 hotfixes for a single fee of $4,000 for all affected Microsoft products in Extended Support. This change applies to products like Microsoft Windows® 2000 that have been in Extended Support since June 2005.
· Customers who require technical assistance on DST 2007 can contact their Technical Account Manager or they may contact Premier support directly.
· A Daylight Savings Time Update Livemeeting event will be held on Friday September 14th, 2007 at 12pm EDT. Please feel free to attend this meeting to learn more about the DST event for Q3/Q4 2007.
View the Internet portion of the Event:
· Click the meeting URL: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/lmevents/join?id=msft091407sa&role=attend&pw=AGT732
if you can’t click the above meeting URL, click the following link: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/lmevents
· When you click on either URL, the Join Meeting page appears. In the following fields, verify or enter this information:
§ Name: (Enter your first and last name)
§ Meeting ID: msft091407sa
§ Meeting Key: AGT732