Support-Tip: (FIM Service MA): stopped-server - Error: 15517: State: 1. Cannot execute as the database principal because the principal "dbo" does not exist this type of principal cannot be impersonated or you do not have permission.
The "stopped-server" run status is one of those that keeps popping up and having different causes to the run status.Â This one I encountered was quite interesting.Â
- Export on the FIM Service Management Agent returns a "stopped-server" run status. In this scenario, the Full and Delta Imports both worked successfully, but the export always failed with the "stopped-server"
- Review the SQL Server Error Logs while running the Export and/or capture a SQL Server Profiler Trace and the below exceptions may appear. The SQL Server Profiler trace will provide more information about the user generating these exceptions.
- SQL SERVER EXCEPTIONS :
- an exception occurred while enqueueing a message in the target queue. Error: 15517: State: 1. Cannot execute as the database principal because the principal "dbo" does not exist this type of principal cannot be impersonated or you do not have permission.
- The activated proc 'sync.receiveexportmessageoninitiator running on queue 'FIMService.Sync.//Microsoft/ResourceManagement/Queue/ExportInitiation' output the following 'Cannot execute as the database principal because the principal "dbo" does not exist" this type of principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission"
The following blog provided the solution to the issue.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES / INFORMATION
- FIM 2010 R2 Troubleshooting: "Stopped-Server" error on the FIM Service Management Agent: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/11331.fim-2010-r2-troubleshooting-stopped-server-error-on-the-fim-service-management-agent.aspx
- Support-Info: (SYNC SERVICE): stopped-server: msidmCompositeType or Asynchronous Processing Scenario: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ms-identity-support/2013/09/30/troubleshooting-stopped-server-msidmcompositetype-or-asynchronous-processing-scenario/