MSPA Newsletter, May 2009
In the May 2009 issue of the MSPA Newsletter, read about:
- Deliver Solutions Faster with Windows HPC Server 2008. SIMULIA delivers simulation solutions faster with Windows HPC Server 2008, and sees the advanced programming tool set as a critical asset.
- The “Velocity” Project. “Velocity” is the code-name for a distributed in-memory application cache platform for developing scalable, available, and high-performance applications.
- Tune Your Web Applications for Performance. Let us show you some Internet Explorer tips and tricks – we can show you how to troubleshoot and optimize the client-side performance of your web applications.
- SQL 2008 Opportunities abound! We have workshops, training and consulting engagements that cover the gamut of SQL 2008 features and technologies:
- SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services Development and Deployment. An engagement designed to take participants from level 0 to 300 using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services, with emphasis on design, implementation and deployment of OLAP cubes and analytical solutions.
- SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services. An engagement designed to take participants from level 0 to 300 using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services, with emphasis on design, implementation and deployment of reporting solutions.
- SQL Server 2008 for Administrators. Learn tools and techniques to install, configure, secure and maintain Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and benefit from an introduction to new features.
- SQL Server 2005/2008: Failover Clustering. This workshop provides database administrators the knowledge and skill on how to install, configure, secure, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft SQL Server Failover Clustering. The workshop covers SQL Server 2005 and 2008 and points out the differences between them. It also includes various hands-on labs designed to provide the students with the practical experience and confidence required to manage SQL Server Failover Clusters in a daily work environment.
- SQL Server 2005/2008: Performance Tuning and Optimization. Accelerate time to resolution with proactive planning to keep your IT systems up and running. This workshop provides information on SQL Server general architecture, index and page structures, locking and concurrency, tools and monitoring of SQL Server performance using SQL Management Studio, dynamic management views, query optimization, and insight into SQL OS, memory architecture and programming efficiency. Students take an in-depth look at analyzing performance counters, Profiler events features, blocking, and key dynamic management views for performance tuning.
- Can I Redistribute that File? An FAQ for many ISVs. Read the newsletter to learn more…
- Upcoming Tech Talks and Local Events. Read about upcoming tech talks especially for our MSPA customers and find open enrollment workshops in your area.