WPF ribbon has been released..
Congratulations to the WPF team in shipping the WPF ribbon control…
You can download it, from:
Highlights from their announcement:
· New Controls – We have numerous new controls in this release of Ribbon such as, RibbonGallery, RibbonComboBox, RibbonMenuButton, RibbonSplitButton, QuickAccessToolbar, etc.
· MVVM – Ribbon now facilitates MVVM-centric applications
· KeyTips – The new Ribbon now implements this new accessibility feature to allow full control using the keyboard
· Resizing – Our resizing approach has come a long way since the CTP version. We have default logic that resizes controls inside the Ribbon to render the best visual appearance and orientation
· Design-time – This release includes design-time support for Visual Studio 2010 and Expression Blend 4. This includes a project template for a ‘WPF Ribbon Application’, an item template for a ‘Ribbon Window’, and Ribbon controls in the toolbox such as, RibbonButton, RibbonToggleButton, RibbonMenuButton, etc.
I have been heads down on phone for the last four months, so I have not played with ribbon recently, but they had every thing they describe above back then, so enjoy it!!
By the way, they also relaxed the licensing; the control it will be in the platform in the next WPF release, and does not require Office UI licensing.
Happy ribbon coding!! If you create a cool demo please let me know or leave it on the comments.