January 14th What's Happening Around Visual Studio
Quick recap of what's been happening on the team.
- Rangers Highlights of 2010 - Learn more about the Visual Studio ALM Rangers and the 11 Rangers solutions they shipped in 2010. To keep up-to-date, I recommend following their new Twitter feed twitter.com/wpschaub.
- Visual Basic Code Examples - Check out all the code samples the VB Team has recently made available. If you see anything missing, be sure to let them know via the VB code wishlist.
- Using the Schemas to Edit Work Item Types and Process Templates - Team Foundation schema files are available on Code Gallery. Check out Allen Clark's post to learn more.
- Using Customer Controls to Enhance your LightSwitch Application UI - Part 1 - Karol Zadora-Przylecki walks through how you can use custom Silverlight controls to enhance UI of LightSwitch applications.
- Parallelism: In the Cloud, Cluster and Client - Check out Amit Chatterjee's post that talks about the trends in Parallelism with a bit of "testing" woven in.
- Urban Turtle for Scrum and TFS - Brian Harry continues his series about "TFS as an open platform". Learn more about these 3rd party enhancements in TFS.
- VB Core - New Compilation Mode in Visual Studio 2010 SP1 - Learn about this new compiler feature that enables VB to target new platforms that were not previously supported.
- Japanese Team Explorer Everywhere SP1 Beta Available - Check out Brian Harry's post to learn more about this recent Japanese release.
- Where do I put my Data Code in a LightSwitch Application? - Robert Green walks thorugh an introduction to data-related tasks.
- Using MSBuild and Team Foundation Build - The second edition of this popular book was just released.
- Standard Template Library Video Lecture Series - Stephan Lavavej produced a ten part series on the general C++ library that has been very popular on Channel 9.
Follow me at twitter.com/jlzander.