Early technical preview of JDBC 6.3.5 for SQL Server released!
Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Added handle for Account Locked Exception 18486 during login in SQLServerConnection #522
- Fixed the issues with Prepared Statement Metadata Caching implementation #543
- Fixed issues with static logger member in abstract class 'SQLServerClobBase' #537
And since there was no blog post about 6.3.4 last month, here is what went in to that preview and is included in 6.3.5.
- Added new ThreadGroup creation to prevent IllegalThreadStateException if the underlying ThreadGroup has been destroyed. #474
- Added try-with-resources to JUnit tests #520
- Fixed the issue with passing parameters names that start with '@' to a CallableStatement #495
- Fixed SQLServerDataTable creation being O(n^2) issue #514
- Changed some manual array copying to System.arraycopy() #500
- Removed redundant toString() on String objects #501
- Replaced literals with constants #502
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.3.5.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. For feature requests, please file an issue on the GitHub Issues page to help us track and follow-up directly.
We would also appreciate if you could take this survey to help us continue to improve the JDBC Driver.
Please also check out our tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.