“Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions” Certification 70-532
On February 13, 2015, I passed the Microsoft exam for Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions. It is one of three Azure certifications that are available:
- 70-532- Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- 70-533- Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- 70-534- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions (beta)
We can debate the value of certifications and whether they prove that you understand a technology, but that tends to turn into a religious debate. Microsoft lists the benefits of certification at https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/certification-benefits.aspx. I personally feel that the process of studying for a certification is valuable. You systematically review a technology and refresh your knowledge or learn aspects that you may not have had experience with before.
To study for the “Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions” exam 70-532, I followed a process similar to that described by my teammate Jeremy Foster. I went to the exam page that lists the skills that would be measured and technologies that would be covered, and scanned that list. I either read articles or did some hands-on work for the skills that I wasn’t current in.
Here are some other resources that may be useful if you are studying for exam 70-532:
- “Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions” MVA course (online and free): http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/developing-microsoft-azure-solutions
- “Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions” 5-day instructor-led in-person course: https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/course.aspx?ID=20532A
- “Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions” exam prep book (available on March 21, 2015): http://www.amazon.com/70-532-Developing-Microsoft-Azure-Solutions/dp/0735697043/