Outlook Tip: Using Message Options to "Hand Off" a Reply
No, I do not work on the outlook team despite what my blog seems to indicate of late...
A reader sent me a workaround for the problem I brought up last week. How can you "hand off" an e-mail thread?
- Click reply to the thread you want off of.
- Add the names/alias of the people who should own the reply to the To: line
- Copy those names
- Click the "options" button on the standard toolbar
- Under "Delivery Options" check "have replies sent to:"
- Paste those names into the "have replies sent to" field
- Close the options and send away
This seems to work in test conditions and I'll be trying it in practice soon. I'll bet a VSTO add-in could do this with one button with a little effort. Enjoy!