Things #Startups May Not Know About #Azure
Co-founder with PHP Developer Experience, Did you know?
- Azure Web Sites run PHP by default.
- Azure Web Sites can be launched with WordPress, Joomla, MediaWiki, CakePHP, and Drupal pre-installed.
- All of Azure’s primary services and storage API’s have PHP libraries.
- The Azure developer portal has a landing page specifically for PHP developers.
- Windows Azure runs MySQL. Azure subscriptions get one free MySQL Database.
- PHP developers can use their $150 per month Azure benefit to run production web sites built in PHP and run them as Azure Websites, or Virtual Machines running Windows or Linux.
- Example: A Startup can run its blog on WordPress, its developer portal on MediaWiki, and host a custom PHP mobile API using the Azure benefit.
- Azure Web Sites run Node.js and have the Node executable pre-installed and ready to use.
- Azure’s own command line tools are delivered as Node.js packages ( % npm –i –g azure-cli ) allowing them to run on iOS, Linux and Windows.
- The $150 Azure benefit is more than enough to run 10 Node.js web sites 24/7 (Azure Web Site in Standard mode, with custom domain mapping).
- Node.js may also be run on Azure Web Roles, Azure Windows VM, or an Azure Linux VM.
- All of Azure’s primary services and storage API’s have Node.js libraries.
- The Azure developer portal has a landing page specifically for Node.js developers.
- Azure Web Sites support GIT publishing, either from github or a local repository.
Startup develops iOS Games and supported with JSON api’s
- Azure Mobile Services are JSON based.
- The $150 Azure Benefit would pay for more than 50GB of SQL data stored behind your mobile services api.
- Azure Mobile Services support the iOS notification service.
Want to build or port your Startup solutions to Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, and/Azure? Let’s Talk!