Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Beta
Improve the efficiency and availability of IT resources and applications with the new virtualization innovations provided in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta. This service pack release delivers two new features, namely Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX, to help businesses further optimize their datacenter and desktops.
- Dynamic Memory lets Hyper-V administrators pool available memory on a physical host and dynamically distribute it to any virtual machine(s) running on that host.
- RemoteFX lets Windows Server 2008 R2 administrators provide a rich end user desktop virtualization experience by delivering vivid content, independent of any graphics stack, to server-hosted virtual and session-based desktops.
- Businesses can take advantage of these innovations to help deliver new capabilities such as private cloud and VDI. To learn more about Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 beta and the benefits it provides, read the documents, feature overview and FAQs below.
- Read the Windows Server 2008 R2 Technical Whitepaper for a technical overview of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta release features and benefits.
- Download the Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta Reviewer’s Guide to evaluate the core features of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta release in your environment.