Study Notes for 70-484 – Touch Interactions
Another area to review is the gestures and touch interactions supported in Windows Store apps. Microsoft was kind enough to layout the basic uses of the supported gestures. If you are interested in extending the controls, (or just want to learn a bit more), I’d encourage you to read the Design guidance for Windows Store apps.
These topics will be covered in the 70-484 exam. This topic falls in the Program the User Interaction Skills Measured for that exam. The best way to get started studying is to download and review the Windows 8 gestures sample.
- Windows.UI.Input Namespace: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.ui.input.aspx
- ManipulationUpdatedEvent: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br242026.aspx
- GestureRecognizer : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.ui.input.gesturerecognizer.aspx
- User interaction overview: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh465397
- Quickstart: Touch input http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh465387#using_manipulation_events