Top Rejected Names for My Team
Getting the right team name is critical to setting the right tone for the kind of team you want to have and for recruiting. A cool name gets you the cool people. A boring name gets you people like me. So, in an effort to come up with a team name I sat down and began arranging relevant words for my team and quickly found a host of names that were utterly inappropriate:
- The Non-Professional Developer Team. As if we show up to work late wearing our bathrobes and slippers?
- Enthusiast Developer Team. Rah, rah, rah, aren’t we enthusiastic. Rah.
- Software Hobbyist Incubation Team. Spell it out.
- Student, Hobbyist, and End-user Developer Team. Yeah, we SHED even though our owners brush us every day.
- Beginning Tools for Hobbyist Developers Team. Sure, I really want to be the team whose initials can be sounded out as “butthead.”
- Hobbyist and Beginner Tools Team. Closer, but HaBTT? Habit?
So what do I call this thing?