SQL Server 2014 – Stay Current with the Upcoming Release!
To help students stay current with the new features in the upcoming release of SQL Server 2014 which focus on performance tuning, high availability, and business intelligence tools, all Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) level SQL exams will be updated on April 24, 2014 to cover solutions based on both SQL Server 2012 and 2014 products.
Details on the exam updates, in the form of side-by-side comparisons of exam objectives, are now available for review through the "content covering SQL Server 2014" link in the Skills Measured section of each Exam Detail web page:
- Exam 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Exam 70-465: Designing Database Solutions for SQL Server 2012
- Exam 70-466: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
- Exam 70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Please note that, while the exam numbers will not change, the product version (2012) will be removed from the titles of the exams. Updated Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) will be available in May 2014.
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): SQL Server 2012 credential and associated exams (461/462/463) will remain in market without any alterations. No MCSA: SQL Server 2014 credential will be released.
To help prepare for the MCSA: SQL Server 2012 exams, recordings are now available for several recent Jump Start courses for database administrators and developers:
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Exam prep for 70-461)
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases (Exam prep for 70-462)
- Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Exam prep for 70-463)
As a reminder for those individuals who already hold any MCTS or MCSA certification on SQL Server 2008, there is a streamlined two-exam upgrade path to MCSA: SQL Server 2012:
- 70-457: Transition Your MCTS on SQL Server 2008 to MCSA: SQL Server 2012, Part 1
- 70-458: Transition Your MCTS on SQL Server 2008 to MCSA: SQL Server 2012, Part 2
From now through May 31, 2014, there is a special promotion of 25% off the cost of these exams, plus free retakes if needed.
For the latest information on upcoming changes to the certifications and related exams, please review our SQL Server FAQ.