TFS 2010 Best Practice Analyser Beta2 is now available
Team Foundation Server Best Practice Analyser (BPA) a diagnostic tool (released as part of TFS 2010 Power Tools) is now available for public download; see Brian Harry’s post on the announcement. You can download it from the MSDN Visual Studio Gallery.
Lab Management checks are now also integrated with the BPA. So when you do a BPA scan against your TFS 2010 deployment, various Lab Management resources are verified if they are configured according to the recommended best practices.
- Gathers Lab Management configuration information from the TFS
- Performs specific tests on the System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) Server configured for Lab Management
- Performs various checks on the Hyper-V Hosts, Library Servers and Test Controllers added to a Project collection
- Analyses the collected information according to specific rules and reports the findings as information, warning, or error messages
- Provides links to documentation articles to resolve warning and error messages
The Lab Management team