Management Pack: Azure Powershell Monitoring leveraging Azure AD Authentication
Just wanted to let you know about a sample System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Pack enabling for monitoring Microsoft Azure leveraging Azure Powershell and Azure AD Authentication which I published on TechNet Gallery (https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Azure-Powershell-36381d61)
It assists with smoothing the management experience by removing the dependency on Azure Management Certificates to authenticate to Azure.
To use this Management Pack you should be running System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager. You will also need an Azure Subscription as well as a few Azure Web Apps (aka Azure Websites) running in order to test it.
As a side note you can create up to 10 Free Azure Web Apps (websites) on your Azure Subscription (http://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/pricing/details/websites/).
In Operations Manager a Simple Run As Account needs to be created and then associated with the Azure AD Powershell Run As Profile.
This version only includes one sample monitor targeted at the Azure Subscription level.
The "Check Total Running WebApps" monitor is disabled by default meaning you will have to create an override for the target Azure subscription you want to test it against.
If having 4 Azure Web Apps running it will remain on healthy state.
Otherwise it will generate a critical state change on the monitor.
The Monitor will also generate an event on the Operations Manager event log to state the output of execution.
- System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Microsoft Azure Subscription
- Azure AD User (Designated User to conduct Monitoring activities)
- Microsoft Azure Powershell installed on the Management Servers responsible for monitoring Azure
- Microsoft Azure Management Pack version 126.96.36.199 imported on your Management Group
- Target Microsoft Azure Subscription discovered within your Management Group
Hope it's useful!