MIX07 - Let's Light Up The Web
MIX is underway here in Vegas. Ray Ozzie is on stage as I type this. The event looks great so far. It's packed - completely sold out (rumour has it that we are even over-sold!). It's nice to see that we have a great goodie-bag (including a copy of Vista Ultimate and Expression Studio)
We have a great group from the Canadian Team here at MIX.
- John Oxley (Director - Community Team)
- Ryan Storgaard (Online Business Strategy Manager)
- Jerome Carron (Platform Strategy Advisor)
- Daniel Shapiro (Designer Audience Marketing Manager)
- Paul Laberge (Partner Advisor)
- Qixing Zheng (Designer Advisor)
If you are here at the event, please say hi.
There are (we estimate, because privacy rules prevent us for knowing for sure) about 75 Canadian customers and partners here at MIX07. We also have 5 members of the Canadian press with us and they will be covering the event.
So far we have announced:
- Expression Studio now shipping. Expression Studio, Microsoft’s end-to-end tools for creative designers, boosts collaboration with developers in the delivery of next-generation user experiences for Windows, the Web and beyond.
- Microsoft Silverlight Streaming. Silverlight Streaming is a new companion service for Silverlight that makes it easier for developers and designers to deliver and scale rich media as part of their Silverlight applications.
Scott Guthrie is up now, digging into the technologies a little more deeply. We are watching the Netflix demo as we speak. (Very cool - video streaming, DVD-like controls, interactive elements)
On Sunday, we went to Hoover Dam. Interesting "web 2.0" twist on the visit. Like all tourist locations, the Dam offers a visitor centre and a tour. While not it's expensive, the web may have made these tours somewhat obsolete. Instead of paying for the tour, I simply went to Wikipedia and downloaded the Hoover Dam entry to my Mobile. We had ALL the info we could want and created our own "educational" tour of the Dam.....
Technorati tags: MIX07