We Are Hiring – Architect Evangelist
Want to join the absolutely best team at Microsoft Canada? We are hiring!
The mission of the Architect Evangelist (AE) is to demonstrate the value of new innovative Microsoft platform technologies by engaging with senior technical decision makers (TDMs) at both enterprises customers and partners. The AE is also responsible for general platform evangelism towards the architect audience.
The goal of an Architect Evangelist is to accelerate the adoption of the Microsoft Platform in the Enterprise. The Architect Evangelist (AE) has two key sets of responsibilities, the first with Customers, the second with the Technical Decision Maker Audience.
With customers the AEs are chartered to deliver strategic and referenceable enterprise wins involving architectural battles. These wins should clearly demonstrate the value of our platform, as well as technical and Architectural thought leadership; with a focus on early adoption. Additionally, the AE is charged with working with specific influential accounts on strategic projects.
From an Audience perspective, the AE is chartered with Technical and general Thought Leadership in the area of Architecture towards Technical Decision Maker’s; with a focus on influentials, managed architects and reaching out to the masses (both architects and those interested in architecture).
Key responsibilities include:
· Build Trusted Advisor relationships with customer architects and architectural decision makers
· Strategic Vision & Architectural Design Sessions
· Working with Partner architects to integrate solutions on Microsoft platform technology
· Drive key Enterprise Wins & Early Adoption
· Broad reach advocacy events for architect community
- A passion for Technology and the Microsoft platform (including .NET, Windows/SQL Server, Vista, Office System etc)
- Background working with Enterprise customers would be a key benefit
- Technical credibility, skill set and background
- Deep knowledge of Architectural concepts, issues and trends.
- Excellent presentation skills. The ability to speak with influence and impact.
- Strong Organizational Awareness and Business Acumen
- Clear understanding / expertise in Microsoft technologies, architectural vision and roadmap.
- Well-versed in the way in which these conceptual ideas can be mapped to the problems one encounters in the Enterprise space. (e.g. Service Oriented Architecture).
- Excellent knowledge and experience of competitive platforms, products, companies and philosophies, and ideally will have a similar background for Microsoft Experience and expertise in large scale system design and implementation.
- Strong teamwork and cross-group skills are essential
- Make decisions on the fly as to utilization of time and resources
- Comfort with working independently, but within fiscal strategy
- Four year degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 7+ years of customer interaction in a technical role
- Solid knowledge of J2EE software development tools and programming models a plus.
- Current programming/modeling skills a strong advantage
- Travel required
- Ability to fit into a dynamic, high performance team and have fun!
About The Group:
The Architect Evangelist is a member of the Developer and Platform Evangelism (DPE) team whose overall mission is to secure platform adoption and revenue growth through evangelism, community engagement, relationship marketing and a vibrant solutions ecosystem. DPE focuses on promotion and adoption of Microsoft platform technologies, which leads to current and future revenue.
- Driving Broad Customer Connection across the Developer, Architect and IT Pro audiences through an integrated approach to evangelism, communities and intelligent audience marketing
- Marketing of the broad Microsoft platform and developer tools
- Engaging ISVs through depth and breadth technical evangelism activities and providing strategic leadership on ISVs across the subsidiary/district
- Driving highly visible design wins in enterprise accounts that lead to compelling evidence and customer references; this includes scaling design wins on the Microsoft platform enabling services partners to architect and win business-critical applications based on the Microsoft platform
- Selling developer tools to enterprise accounts, partners and through the channel
- Engaging students and faculty in universities and high schools in order to win mindshare of nascent developers
In summary, DPE is committed to broad platform adoption and a vibrant ecosystem of customers, partners and developers. Through evangelism, marketing and sales, DPE helps secure the Microsoft platform, now and in the future.
Want to apply? Go to: http://www.microsoft.com/canada/employment/default.mspx
Search for role: J0908-0221