TechNet Radio: (Part 3) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Enabling Self-Service On-Demand Developer Environments in the Cloud
In Part 3 of our “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Blain Barton and Keith Mayer turn the conversation towards enabling self-service on demand Developer environments in the cloud. Learn how you can use Microsoft Azure along with System Center 2012 R2 App Controller and the Azure Pack to increase work efficiency across your organization.
- [1:16] It seems like Dev and Test environments have been a key workload that organizations are considering for the Cloud. What do you think makes Dev/Test so attractive for the Cloud?
- [3:44] What's the best way to consider licensing my Developers for provisioning Dev/Test workloads on Azure?
- [5:44] $150/mo sounds like a great starting point, but realistically how much can a Developer really do in Azure for $150 / mo?
- [8:04] I'm concerned about my developers spinning up their Azure MSDN subscriptions using individual Microsoft accounts. Can I somehow link these to my organization and Active Directory?
- [9:39] You mentioned that MSDN includes special prebuilt images for Azure? What do these images provide?
- [11:50] If I'm using my own custom developer images in my environment, can I upload these to Azure for my developers to leverage?
- [13:50] Lots of organizations have workloads that span on-premises and, potentially, public cloud ... Does Azure provide the ability to integrate with on-premises datacenter management?
- [16:50] DEMO: Azure Management Portal, System Center 2012 R2 App Controller, Azure Pack
Interested in learning more about the Cloud & DevOps?
Be sure to check out these additional resources:
- GET CERTIFIED! Join EARLY EXPERTS. We'll help you get certified on Hyper-V, Cloud and MORE!
- READ IT! Accelerating DevOps with the Cloud using Microsoft Azure & Friends
- WATCH IT! MVA Jump Start: DevOps for IT Pros
- DO IT! Step-by-Step: 20+ Key Cloud Scenarios for IT Pros
- Are you a STARTUP? Join BizSpark for FREE access to Azure cloud services