News about BizTalk Server 2009 and alignment with Oslo
The roadmap for BizTalk Server has been updated with details about BizTalk Server 2009 (previously known as BizTalk Server 2006 R3). Some highlight are:
- Support for the latest and greatest development platform; Windows Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008 SP1, SQL Server 2008 and the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. It also adds support form virtualization through Hyper-V.
- Extends the developer experience by adding support for Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Enhanced support for SOA and Web Services; UDDI 3.0 registry, ESB Guidance 2.0, WCF support for WebSphere MQ
- New LOB adapters for Oracle E-Business Suites and SQL Server and updates for existing adapters.
- EDI and AS2 support will be enhanced along with updates to the SWIF. RFID support will also be extended.
Even though future versions of BizTalk (after the 2009 version) will add support for Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) it is clearly stated that Microsoft is "committed to continued support for BizTalk Server’s XLANG orchestration technology".
Follow this link to go directly to news about the future releases: http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/roadmap.aspx#WhereWereGoing