MED-V 1.0 SP1 RTM and localized versions of App-V 4.6 are now available!
Today we announced the availability of MDOP 2010 Refresh.
As planned, the update for MDOP 2010 includes:
- Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) 1.0 SP1 - now available for production deployment on Windows 7
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 4.6 - localized client versions and additional languages support
(App-V 4.6 English version was released on February 22, 2010. For additional details see our previous blog post.)
What's new in MED-V 1.0 SP1?
- Support for Windows 7 hosts - 32-bit and 64-bit
- MED-V server support for Windows Server 2008 R2
- Support for Japanese Windows versions
Guest support is still focused on legacy OS environments - Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2000 SP4.
To learn more please visit www.microsoft.com/med-v
What languages are now supported in App-V 4.6?
- We now have localized versions of the App-V Client for 23 languages including: Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish , Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
- App-V Sequencer is localized for 11 languages.
- Finally, even if there's no localized version for your language, App-V now works and is supported on 36localized Windows versions.
To learn more please visit www.microsoft.com/appv