MED-V 1.0 SP1 demo videos – The complete 8 part series
Over the past week or so I've been posting links to the eight videos in our series on MED-V but I thought it would be nice if you could go to one place and get links to all of them so I've included those below.
The Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) video series is designed to help IT professionals wishing to learn more about the administrative and management tasks in MED-V. This series provides step-by-step guidance around common tasks that would be performed by IT professionals to deploy MED-V. Intended to be consumed sequentially, these videos will help you get up to speed with key MED-V administrator tasks and accelerate the deployment of MED-V in your organization. This series covers the following topics:
- Preparing a MED-V Image - Learn how to prepare a virtual PC image for use with MED-V.
- Testing, Packing, and Uploading a MED-V Image - After completing the preparation, an image will be tested, then packaged, and finally uploaded to the MED-V Server for distribution.
- MED-V Workspace Walkthrough - See how to configure a MED-V workspace (policies for the virtual machine) and watch a demonstration of the key features so that you can evaluate and learn the key capabilities of MED-V.
- Publishing Different Applications to Different Users of the Same MED-V Image - This demonstration will show you how to use a common MED-V image to serve multiple users or groups while presenting different applications.
- Creating a MED-V Installation Package - Deploying MED-V packages can be streamlined by creating an installation package that includes all of the prerequisite technologies (Virtual PC, VM Additions update, and MED-V client) as well as a MED-V Workspace.
- MED-V First Time Setup with Domain Join - Taking workspace images and configuring them to join the organization Active Directory domain is a critical part of managing, controlling and updating the virtual machines deployed, and is easy with MED-V first time setup.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Tools in MED-V - Having the right tools to gain status, detect errors, and analyze problems is important when planning a MED-V infrastructure.
- Updating a MED-V Image - MED-V workspaces will require updates as any other machine on the network, this walkthrough of updating the master image and distributing to users can be used if machines are not joined to the domain and managed by typical system management tools.
You can also download these videos directly for viewing later at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1f0d3e54-25d1-4ec1-a844-3b508bd63ffa&displaylang=en
J.C. Hornbeck | System Center Knowledge Engineer