Visual Studio 2005 SP1 Beta Now Available
VS 2005 SP1 Beta is now available for our device customers. This is a significant release for Visual Studio for Devices team and is more of a full-fledged release rather than a service pack. Below are the highlights for device development customers.
- Support for newer devices and platforms.
- Application development experience targeting WinCE 6.0 devices.
- Application development experience targeting Windows Mobile 5.x devices. Complete experience in RTM release.
- Native Development
- Whole lot of functionality to native MFC libraries. Removed many blockers that were inhibiting smooth migration experience from eVC++ to VS2005.
- Improved and updated Native device development documentation.
Data application development targeting SQL Server Everywhere. Full functionality will be available in the RTM version of service pack.
Support NET V2 SP1 release
New Win CE compilers release
New and improved remote tools.
Faster device emulator.
To download the service pack please register on the Microsoft Connect website and provide us with your feedback and help us make this product better.
Manav Gaur | Program Manager - Visual Studio for Devices