New book: Understanding IPv6, Third Edition
We’re happy to announce the availability of Understanding IPv6, Third Edition (ISBN 9780735659148) by Joseph Davies. The book provides in-depth technical information to put IPv6 technology to work—particularly on networks with computers running Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, as well as previous versions of Windows.
Written by a networking expert, this reference explains IPv6 features and benefits, and provides detailed information to help you implement this protocol. You’ll learn best practices for using IPv6 services in your Windows network, whether you’re an IT professional, a network administrator, or an IT student.
You’ll discover how to:
· Use Windows features and tools to implement IPv6 on your network
· Set up a test lab to experiment with IPv6 configuration and functionality
· Determine a practical IPv6 addressing and routing plan for your network
· Use IPv6 transition technologies to support both IPv4 and IPv6 during deployment
· Implement IPv6 security features and measures
· Deploy native IPv6 connectivity on an IPv4-only intranet
· Apply best practices from the Microsoft corporate network case study
· Test your understanding of IPv6 concepts with end-of-chapter quizzes
The bonus online content includes classroom-ready Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides for teaching IPv6 and IPv6 capture files that display packet structure and protocol processes (viewable with Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4).