MDT 2012 Update 1 is coming soon!
You probably noticed that Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 RTM’d today (see https://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2012/08/01/windows-8-has-reached-the-rtm-milestone.aspx and https://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsserver/archive/2012/08/01/windows-server-2012-released-to-manufacturing.aspx for the details). MDT 2012 Update 1 won’t be too far behind, as this is the version that will fully support Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 deployment, as well as the new Assessment and Deployment Kit (the replacement for Windows AIK) tools.
Apart from the usual behind-the-scenes enhancements and bug fixes, as well as a simple upgrade process, we’ve also added new features which I’ve reviewed in this series of blog postings:
- MDT 2012 Update 1- Dealing with in-use files when capturing user state
- MDT 2012 Update 1- Always applying images with ImageX
- MDT 2012 Update 1- PowerShell 3.0 support
- MDT 2012 Update 1- ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 CTP support
- MDT 2012 Update 1- DaRT 8 support
- MDT 2012 Update 1- Merged ZTI and UDI task sequences
- MDT 2012 Update 1- Monitoring for ConfigMgr
- MDT 2012 Update 1- Orchestrator support
- MDT 2012 Update 1- Customer experience improvement program
- MDT 2012 Update 1- UDI “Build Your Own Pages”
I’m sure I’ve missed a few (such as new documentation for the MDT PowerShell cmdlets), but that covers most of them Be watching for the upcoming release announcements.