Migrating Forms Based Authentication Sites from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010
Migrating Forms Based authentication sites from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010 using database attach method applies the general principles of database attach upgrade method; however, it includes some additional steps to cater for membership & roles providers.
The steps for this migration are as follows:
- Move the SharePoint 2007 membership provider database to the new database server using database ackup/restore. (Note to give the users of the application pool accounts access to the databases if you are using Windows Integrated Authentication to connect to SQL)
- Build new SharePoint web application with Claims Based Authentication
- Setup the membership & role providers in the config file as per the membership provider database restored in step 1.
- Setup the membership & role providers’ in the central Administration and STS configuration files to point to the database restored in step 1.
- Run Test-SPContentDatabase -Name <DatabaseName> -WebApplication <URL> to verify any additional needed solutions
- Check solutions and deploy Needed Solutions
- Attach the content database of the FBA site
- Check if the FBA site is working fine and as expected