Send Me Your PDC Video
In a little over a week, we'll be holding an all-hands meeting for Microsoft employees who are attending PDC2008. It'll be a huge meeting with many hundreds of people, including the core team, virtual team, content team, speakers, staff, and anyone else who plans to be at the event. I've been asked to lead the meeting, and I'd like to help my fellow employees appreciate the amazing passion, excitement, intelligence, and creativity of our PDC attendees. That's where you come in.
I plan to show some of our registration data, but I'd really like to show your faces and hear your words. I figured that a short video would be the best format. That way, I can include a few of them to represent the diversity of our audience and get everyone excited. Who knows? If we get enough, perhaps we'll even play a few while people are filing in to the keynotes at the main event in Los Angeles. :-)
If you're up for it, here's what I'd like:
- A very short video (so I can show a few of them). Ideally, 15-25 seconds in length.
- Talk into the camera and be as creative as you'd like with the background (perhaps a landmark from where you're from or something fun in your office).
- Here's the beginning of your script: "My name is [your name] from [location]." The rest of the script is completely up to you.
- Tell us something inspiring, interesting, fascinating, historical, or whatever related to you and the PDC. It can be past PDCs or PDC2008. You pick.
- It doesn't matter if you've never attended the conference. If you still have a story about PDC, like why you wish you could attend, what you're excited to hear about, or perhaps why you can't attend, I'd love to hear it.
- Encode it to a WMV or AVI file, and host it somewhere I can get at it.
- Send me an e-mail telling me where/how to download your file, along with your full name and mailing address.
I'll let you know if I use your video at the meeting. Thank you in advance for your help!