Announcement: Microsoft Windows May 2010 Updates to Daylight Saving Time and Time Zones
Check out Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 981793, "May 2010 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems", which the Windows team just posted.
Changes / updates from the previous cumulative Windows time zone update include…
The following changes were made since the previous Windows cumulative time zone update:
- Bangladesh Standard Time: Cancels DST.
- Fiji Standard Time: DST change.
- Kamchatka Standard Time: Deprecates this time zone.
- Morocco Standard Time: DST change.
- Pacific SA Standard Time: DST change for 2010.
- Paraguay Standard Time: DST change.
- Syria Standard Time: Creates a new “(UTC+02:00) Damascus” time zone with DST for Syria.
A nod to the good folks across our company working on our effort to help manage time (particularly in daylight saving time and time zone changes) documented and followed at http://www.microsoft.com/time and over at the blog at http://blogs.technet.com/dst2007. Thanks to the folks coordinating the efforts on our daylight saving time and time zone updates and releases for current products across the various product groups at Microsoft. As noted, this is a tough job, to say the least.
For more information about how daylight saving time changes may affect other Microsoft products, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 914387 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387/ ) How to configure daylight saving time for Microsoft Windows operating systems
Also available via http://bit.ly/bR40Oo