Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Guides
The Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) guides are the next version of Windows Server System Reference Architecture. The guides in this series help clarify and streamline design processes for Microsoft infrastructure technologies, with each guide addressing a unique infrastructure technology or scenario.
Infrastructure Planning and Design guides share a common structure, including:
· Definition of the technical decision flow through the planning process.
· Listing of decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
· Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
· Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape
IPD consists of the following downloadable packages:
· New! System Center Operations Manager 2007
· New! System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008
· New! Internet Information Services 7.0
· New! Selecting the Right NAP Architecture
· Infrastructure Planning and Design Series Introduction
· Microsoft SoftGrid Application Virtualization
· Selecting the Right Virtualization Technology
· Windows Deployment Services
· Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
· Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services
· Windows Server Virtualization (for Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V and Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1)
The guides are available as individual downloads or as a single all-in-one package from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD3921FB-8224-4681-9064-075FDF042B0C&SAMI_Campaign_Name=IPD062708RTM_IPDDL&displaylang=en