Remote Server Administration Tools RSAT for Windows 7 Released
Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for Windows 7 enables Windows Server administrators to manage roles and features that are installed on servers running Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2003, from a remote computer that is running Windows 7.
We are pleased to have these available for download immediately - in synch with the releases of Windows Server and Windows Client RTM. Feedback from early adopters has been positive, easing early deployments.
Once downloaded and installed the MSU package, enable the RSAT tools under Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, Turn Windows features on or off. Expand Remote Server Administration Tools and select the remote management tools that you want to install.
What is included in RSAT?
Server Administration Tools:
• Server Manager
Role Administration Tools:
• Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) Tools
• Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) Tools
• Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) Tools
• DHCP Server Tools
• DNS Server Tools
• File Services Tools
• Hyper-V Tools
• Terminal Services Tools
Feature Administration Tools:
• BitLocker Password Recovery Viewer
• Failover Clustering Tools
• Group Policy Management Tools
• Network Load Balancing Tools
• SMTP Server Tools
• Storage Explorer Tools
• Storage Manager for SANs Tools
• Windows System Resource Manager Tools
For more information about Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7, see the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 Help on the Windows Server TechCentre.
For information about how to run Server Manager targeted at remote computers, see Remote Management with Server Manager in the Server Manager Help.